Pulaski beat GC 77-74 in OT. Missed free throws were a killer tonight. Officiating was great (sarcasm enclosed). Honaker (not the school) was in the house, if that says anything. Wasn't the reason we lost, but he was consistent both ways.
Pulaski beat GC 77-74 in OT. Missed free throws were a killer tonight. Officiating was great (sarcasm enclosed). Honaker (not the school) was in the house, if that says anything. Wasn't the reason we lost, but he was consistent both ways.
In honor and memory of my best friend Toby (oletob)
Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself
Congrats to JJK
Hail to the Redskins
Yeah, it was a good win. It was a tale of two halves. Lee dominated the first half with hot shooting while Kelly struggled from the field. Sproles' shooting kept Kelly in it. The second half surge was fueled by, not surprisingly, some outstanding defense AND, somewhat surprisingly, three-point shooting. All played good defense, but Roberts and Adam Dutton were particularly effective in guarding the perimeter players to start the second half. Miller's post defense was strong as well. Dutton hit a key three to get the offense going. Kelly finally went ahead on a Clark three-pointer and free throw. Clark had two more big threes in the overtime.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GC_Quincy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pulaski beat GC 77-74 in OT. Missed free throws were a killer tonight. Officiating was great (sarcasm enclosed). Honaker (not the school) was in the house, if that says anything. Wasn't the reason we lost, but he was consistent both ways. </div></div>
I thought it was an interesting comment from the Pulaski head coach on the officiating. "My kids never adjusted to the officiating. They let us play a lot more physical in the River Ridge"
I had looked at the box score first and saw a huge FT disparity in GCs favor. I keep telling people they let them play even more across the state than they do here.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
They were calling fouls for breathing on each other. Officiating was inconsistent and horrible. We shot 41 free throws to their 15.
In honor and memory of my best friend Toby (oletob)
Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself
Read where GC Girls beat PV...that's pretty bad if GC beat PV.
When does Clintwood play the Gate City girls b-ball team? When does the Wave boys play Gate City? How many times did either beat Gate City when they were in the LPD?
I don't think I'd harp too much on Powell Valley in this case if you would stand back and look at it without a biased viewpoint.
Leave the DRAMA to the MAMA'S
Bookmarks